Family owned and operated, Creative Shutters has produced custom Plantation Shutters in Dallas/Fort Worth for over 20 years.
Our hand crafted shutters provide light control and privacy solutions that will last for years to come.
Versatility – Shutters are both decorative and functional. While allowing for light control and privacy, shutters blend beautifully as an architectural feature with other moldings and woodwork.
Craftmanship – With decades of experience, we custom fit each and every shutter for a professional fit that will add value and elegance to your home.
Durability – Our shutters are made exclusively of solid basswood, hand-selected and patiently kiln-dried to reduce the wood’s expansion and contraction in weather.
All of our shutters are custom made by experienced craftsmen at our factory in Plano, TX using tried and true methods:
- Methods: Each step in our process is hand worked and inspected to ensure exceptional quality for our customers.
- Precision Milled: Each shutter is precision milled to ensure a snug, professional fit at the time of delivery.
- Hand Assembled: Our shutters are assembled by hand using double dowel joinery which increases rigidity and prevents sagging in larger panels.
- Lacquer Finish: After manually sanding each panel, we paint (or stain) each panel in-house using a hard lacquer finish. Our method ensures that your shutters will continue to look brand new for many years.
- Materials: Our shutters are made exclusively of Basswood. This lightweight, yet sturdy hardwood is hand-selected and patiently kiln-dried to reduce the wood’s expansion and contraction in weather.