Creative Shutters serves Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington and surrounding Texas cities with custom window coverings, plantation shutters, and motorized outdoor shades. We will handle every aspect of your window treatment project from expert advice to professional installation of your shutters or shades.
We offer quality window covering products including cellular shades, roller shades, sunscreen/solar shades, Roman shades, and motorized retractable screens. We have many options for motorized shades from battery operated, USB rechargeable and hard-wired. We also carry very specialized window treatments such as custom printed shades and we manufacture our own custom shutters right here in Plano, Texas. All our products come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Our high level of customer service and attention to detail insures a beautiful result.
Custom Plantation Shutters by Creative Shutters
Family owned and operated, Creative Shutters has manufactured custom Plantation Shutters in Dallas/Fort Worth for over 20 years. Our hand crafted shutters provide light control and privacy solutions that will last for years to come.
Versatility – Shutters are both decorative and functional. While allowing for light control and privacy, shutters blend beautifully as an architectural feature with other moldings and woodwork.
Craftmanship – With decades of experience, we custom fit each and every shutter for a professional fit that will add value and elegance to your home.
Durability – Our shutters are made exclusively of solid basswood, hand-selected and patiently kiln-dried to reduce the wood’s expansion and contraction in weather.
All of our shutters are custom made by experienced craftsmen at our factory in Plano, TX using tried and true methods:
- Methods: Each step in our process is hand worked and inspected to ensure exceptional quality for our customers.
- Precision Milled: Each plantation shutter is precision milled to ensure a snug, professional fit at the time of delivery. Every louver, rail, stile and tilt rod are cut to the specific dimensions of your window.
- Hand Assembled: Our Dallas shutters are assembled by hand using double dowel joinery which increases rigidity and prevents sagging in larger panels. We use wood glue, dowels and compression. We Do NOT mortise our joints. We do not want to compromise the integrity of the shutter.
- Lacquer Finish: After manually sanding each shutter panel, we paint (or stain) each panel in-house using a hard lacquer finish. Our method ensures that your Dallas plantation shutters will continue to look brand new for many years.
- Materials: Our shutters are made of Select & Better Grade Basswood. This lightweight, yet sturdy hardwood is hand-selected and patiently kiln-dried to reduce the wood’s expansion and contraction in weather. All our Basswood is solid wood. We DO NOT use finger jointed wood. In order to maintain the quality and integrity of our shutter we only use the best woods.